Sunday, September 4, 2011

Welcome to Florida---"The Sunshine State" aka The Thunderstorm capital of the Country!

Here we go again!  This Labor Day weekend in the Sunshine State has given us another tropical storm.  Luckily it didn't hit us directly, but we have had a lot of rain.  My backyard is like a marshy area.  Who was the wiseguy to come up with idea of calling Florida the Sunshine State?  Well, at least we have a long weekend and with school just starting back again the kids and the teachers needed it.

Moses, Maddiebelle, and Precious are enjoying having Mom home for extra tummy rubs and play time.  Moses and Maddiebelle are my golden retrievers and Precious is my pekingnese.  I'm going to need a farm if I adopt any more pets!

My class is good this year.  There are 17 boys and 6 girls and most of them are very sweet little 4th graders.  We've had a good start to the year.  This makes my 29th year of teaching!!!  I'll be eligible for retirement in 4 more years--looking forward to that, although I'll probably be a part time substitute when I retire.
Kids are so funny!  One child said, "My mom says I may have to stay in the bathroom a long time today because I'm complicated."  They're a mess!

This is my first blog and so all this is new to me.  I look forward to becoming a pro in the future.  After all, if I can teach "complicated" kids I can do anything.
--Christie

1 comment:

  1. That comment is so cute! Thanks for finding me. It will be fun for us to catch up. I just signed up on fb a few days ago. I will see if you have an account and invite you. Blogs are a little tricky at first. I noticed that they (blogspot) changed their interface and I am having a hard time figuring it out. If you have a choice to go to the old one, i would recommend it. I think it is easier.

    Welcome to the world of blogging. Feel free to comment!

    Love, LeeLee

    ReplyDelete